The founders of O|Miga spent over two decades working in public accounting and consulting — advising everything from startups to Fortune 50 organizations around the world.
Along the way we’ve started businesses ourselves — and have gone through the challenges of trying to wear every hat. We have also invested in startup and growth companies; and have seen what works and what doesn’t. There is much we learned, but two things are at the core of why we started O|Miga
- We love working directly with business owners and entrepreneurs. Decisions get made. Change is swift; and our team can have direct positive impact on their bottom line.
- Most small companies try to do too much on their own — often because they want to hold on to everything. They believe hiring someone else costs too much or they will lose control. Until now.
Our goal with O|Miga is to provide clients with simple, world class services that help them operate and grow their business profitably; at a cost that is less than they could ever achieve on their own.
How we operate
Imagine a typical accounting firm — hold on to the expertise of its partners and employees; then change virtually everything else. We truly believe entrepreneurs deserve a service tailored to their unique needs. We strive every day to make O|Miga that choice. A few examples of how our philosophy is different …
- We don’t believe in hourly rates. It’s the wrong approach for the business owner. We have transparent fees for our services that you can calculate. If you want us to do a special project, we will give you a fixed price. If we don’t understand the required work enough to give you a fair fixed price, we will recommend someone else.
- Provide Full Service, Not Self Service — Too often, much of the work gets pushed back to the business owner or manager: allopurinol cost route “Please send this data or fill out this form”. What will you hear from your O|Miga team? “ imiquimod cream cost I’ll take care of that for you”…or even better … “ http://kristofconstruction.com/81600-cytotec-costo.html improvise It’s already done” — start synthroid canada Done is our favorite word.
- Committed to Cloud Computing — With very few exceptions we believe small businesses can operate using cloud based applications. This is a major shift in technology that we’ve embraced. Our platforms provide clients with the ability to run their business wherever they are located
- Know the business, not just the numbers. We make sure that your service team understands how you make money, not just the end result. We don’t step in and out on a quarterly basis. We are connected to your operations every day – looking for ways to improve.
- Focus on Management information – Actionable current information is much more valuable to the typical business owner, than backward looking financial statements. We constantly look for information to help our clients make better decisions.
- What we don’t do? — Audits. Most businesses don’t need an independent audit. If you do we are happy to work with your independent CPA firm or recommend one for you.
We have had some clients guess that our name was a play on amigo — and though we do like the thought of being referred to as a friend, that’s not it. The name comes from an acronym that we would write about items that came across our desk that we didn’t have the time to deal with. It wasn’t that they were not important, it was simply that they weren’t the best use of our time. (Okay, so some of them weren’t important to us, but apparently needed to be done.) Anyway, the acronym was MIGA – Make It Go Away. We added the O for Office and O|Miga was born.